Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Remix-mas!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010.

KIDS
First, sorry the length of this resembles the Schindler's List extended version, but it's all good stuff, so nah worriez. You could/should do it in stages (because you're in school and don't have hours to waste on the internet like me). Be sure to watch all of #5 though - good stuff.

Alright, so a quick re-cap. (New stuff first)

1. "Coldest Winter" - Kanye West

Thanks, Chas! - It's pretty legit. I thought I had something out for our dear friend Mr. West after he made a fool of himself with that whole Taylor Swift shenanigan. For the rest of you, check out the video on Perez and get the mp3, too. I guess Kanye was/is really into the tribal thing - you can hear it in 'Coldest Winter' and definitely see it in the video of 'Love Lockdown'.

P.S. Speaking of Taylor Swift, (not really related to her performance though), the movie Valentine's Day had serious potential and turned out to be AWFUL. As in I watched it illegally online (of course) and almost shut it off it was so bad. So many great stars and such a crappy director. So basically, if you haven't seen it - don't - if you have, I'm sorry you so dutifully wasted 2+ hours of your life.

2. "Oh No!" - Marina And The Diamonds

(Thank you, Chris)
To be honest, I kind of thought it was slightly annoying the first go-round but by the second/third-ish time I realized it was surprisingly catchy. It kind of reminds me of a cross between the Ting Tings, Cindi Lauper, and Madonna (yeah....) Which is a good thing? Yes. Go get it kids!

3. "Solo" - IYAZ

Alright, so yeah - he sort of did it again...2 hit wonder? We'll see...

4. RemixNation Schtuff.

Yeah okay, SO. Our dear friend RXN has been producing some serious sub-par remixes lately. (With the exception of United State of Pop by DJ Earworm - obviously, because it's clearly pure genius)
Howevaahhhh
I've taken on the job of weeding out all the crap so you don't have to! There were actually a ton that just went up - so a lot of this is really new.

The GEMS:

"Whatcha Say vs Played Alive (DJ's from Mars Bootleg)" - Jason Derulo vs Safri Duo

I really really really really really love this A LOT. I think it's so original. And mixed so well. The techno part gets a little intense at times, (even for me) but I really think it's done really well.

"Say Ahh" - Swazy Baby (Trey Songz)
I'm a little too obsessed with this song. Fun Fact: In the video they're legit drinking nothing but Nuvo. It's supposed to look like a lipstick case and the top is the exact size of a shot glass. SMART, RIGHT?! Yeah. It's also way too delicious. It tastes like straight up candy which is probs why all theze mommas be gettin' dizzay.
The regular version is pretty much exactly the same as this remix, just without the first 40 sec. business.

"For You" - Restlife ft. Lil' Wayne

This is really really cool. A catchy melody can make any rap song SO much better. Prime example with this, which is fine by me! I also love Lil' Wayne. Do some research - he's actually pretty legitimate. Been in the business since he was 12. The end of "For You" reminds me of "Runaway Love" by Ludacris & Mary J.

"If We Ever Meet Again (Digital Dog Club Mix)" - Timbaland ft. Katy Perry

So if you don't know me that well I'm a huge fan of dance/techno remixes. No really. HUGE fan. Turn this UP. It's real legit.

"Hard (Jody Den Broeder Club Remix)" - Rihanna ft. Jeezy
Another good one. I heard the regular version on the radio the other day and was appalled at how slow it was. Remix is way better.

"Tik Tok (BarakVanunu Electro Mix)" - Ke$ha

This. Is. So. Good. You need bass, though. A TON of it. I go a little overboard with the JBL'z and the iTunes equalizer - just sayin'.

The somewhat less semi-precious:

"Rude Boy (Insane3Lik3 Remix)" - Rihanna
(I also really like the regular version. Good stuff for running.)

"Like A G6" - FM ft. The Cataracs & Dev
Haha. "Gettin Slizzard". Supah Funkay.


P.S. The Wavin' Flag FIFA Remix with David Bisbal is finally up on RXN. And you already have it! Chyea chyea.

5. Justin Bieber/ YouTube videos.

I KNOW. Just go with me on this one. This is a music blog, and this kid is really talented. I found these today...

This is of him singing to Esmée Denters - a girl that Justin Timberlake actually found and brought to stardom.
This is her video - she's pretty much amazing. She put a bunch of covers on YouTube, got a TON of fans, and JT brought her to the US.

This is JB performing an original. Granted the lyrics are sort of middle school, but the song is outrageously pretty.

I guess he's like 10 in this video. He's just messing around before bed, but HE'S SO GOOD. Slash an adorable little kid.

Usher found him and made him famous initially, and this is pretty funny - he's singing for him!

Enjoy all of this! - As it took me a good 2 hours to get all the links right...haha.
jk
lol
no but really

Let the beat build,
Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment