Saturday, February 27, 2010

An Epic Random Sample of a Lot of Random Epic Things

Saturday, February 27, 2010.

Children! All right, SO -
As a couple preface-type things -
1. This week I discovered the brilliance of Stuffit Expander (no idea why it didn't happen earlier), a program you can download for free and use to un-zip .rar files. I recommend getting it as it will come in handy for this blog. (At least this one)
2. You can use various websites to convert YouTube videos to mp3's, but this one works really well/quickly and will also be helpful this time around.
3. CHAS SHOWED ME STUMBLEUPON. Kind of irrelated to this blog, but it's a procrastinators goldmine. Everyone should get the toolbar and use it. I'm obsessed.
4. I have decided to use a system based on 5 *'s, to rate songs - * being the lowest and ***** the highest. (Dependant upon a combination of how much I like them/how new they are/how much you should download them)
(I think that's it...)

1. Lights - All Out *****
So a friend showed this to me via wall post and for those of you who don't live on a facebook mini-feed, this is probably new for you! Kind of reminds me of Jonah Hill meets 3OH!3. Hahaha. No but really. This is the YouTube link but I can't find an mp3 anywhere. This is where you use #2 from above. Plug in the link, the whole thing is pretty self-explanatory, and there you go! Enjoy.

2. Midd Kid - ???? (Haha) *****(mostly because it's scarily accurate)
So granted this is a YouTube phenom more than anything, but you all should see it because it's pretty friggen hilarious. Especially for all you lax-bro addicts. Again, use Media Converter if you want the mp3...

3. Remedy - Little Boots *****
So I found the Lady GaGa of the UK. She does the same electro-thing but I get the feeling she's slightly less out there, if you know what I mean. Nevertheless, it's still really catchy. Haven't checked out her other stuff fully, but feel free to do so and lemme know! The video for this is also pretty cool.

Chas gave me a link to a dance playlist with 100 songs, and I listened to them all and paired it down to these - some of the first ones you might know, but there are some really good new ones, too -

1. When the Sun Comes Down (Radio Edit) - Dance Nation **
Such a classic, but I grabbed the mp3 anyway.

2. Evacuate the Dancefloor - Cascada
**
Yeahh yeahhh I knowww. Again, didn't have it and decided to post the URL.

3. Morning After Dark (feat. Soshy) - Timbaland ***
(I know it's old, but I didn't have the mp3, so I grabbed it and thought you might want it, too.)

4. Opposite of Adults - Chiddy Bang ****
This is really fun! Also, MGMT's 'Kids' will never get old.

5. Never Leave You - Tinchy Stryder *****
And THIS is the Jay Sean/Jason Derulo of the UK! It's SUPER catchy, so don't play it too much - but like, do - because it's really good. (This version is kind of crappy quality, but I couldn't find better and I looked for a while. You can get it on iTunes, but give me some time and I'll find a clearer version) ((The tin sound gets annoying in headphones))

6. Break Your Heart (feat. Ludacris) - Taio Cruz ***/****
Looodahhhh! (Oh, hey, Taio....) Anuthah good one.

7. Get Brain - Porter Robinson ***
Caveat - some of you might hate this. It's just straight techno. I included it because it was one of the more decent of the techno songs on the playlist. (It takes a bit to get started)
BUT When the beat kicks in at 1:13, oh man.
Personally, I'm into it. Remember, louder is better.

8. You Are - Rock City *****
This is so grooovinnn'! I'm a big fan of stuff like this/slowjamz/R&B. Again, the quality is kind of crappy, but I'm lookin', I'm lookin'...

9. Feels So Good - Deepside Deejays **
Continuing on the techno thing, this is apparently huge in Europe, as these guys are out of Romania. Again, use Media Converter.

10. Mysterious Girl - Amsterdam Avenue feat. Matteo ***
Again, groovin'. (Mixed by the Romanian guys) I also love dancehall-ish stuff, which is why this made the cut.

11. She Wolf - Shakira feat. T-Pain *****
So I'm kind of obsessed with this. As in it's been on repeat for a while. (Chas, you know me and my repeat...haha) I love Shakira, but I held back on being a huge fan of the original version mostly because I thought it needed something else IN it. Seemed kind of empty. Well done, T-Pain, WELL DONE. 1:30- 2:02. Great form.

12. Miss Everything - Sugababes (feat. Sean Kingston) *****
Sean Kingston can pull anything off! (And I'll look for a better quality file)

13. I Wanna Know (Bob Marley and MGMT) - Xaphoon Jones ***/****
I have a feeling that this is kind of the ultimate weed smoking mix? MGMT + Bob Marley? Well, you tell me. The mixing gets a little messy towards the end, but verrr nice all around.

14. Crazy Loop - ??? (Maybe the artist is Crazy Loop, too?) *
So this song is kind of annoying/obnoxious. But I really like the first 30 seconds, which is why it's on here. (But don't get too excited) I mean, it's okay, it just sounds like a way too techno-y Mika song. I'm sort of turned off by his voice, too, at times.

~~~

So obviously this blog has a lot of dance/hip-hop/pop stuff, but I thought I would give you guys some stuff that's completely different and very good.
I lot of you have heard of or have Bon Iver stuff already, (he's a little old), but for those of you who don't, here you go! He's an Indie/Rock artist who has a really unique eerie kind of sound to a lot of his stuff, and he's actually really good.

I, being your faithful internet downloader, have found a link to a copy of his entire album "For Emma, Forever Ago" released in February 2008. The file is in .rar format though, and can't be opened unless you have a copy of Stuffit Expander (which I have provided for you in a link - #1 at the very top) or a program like it. Go ahead and download the program and once it's open drag and drop the .rar downloaded file into the application. It's kind of magical.

Here's the link to "For Emma, Forever Ago"
My favorite track on this is "Skinny Love", mostly because it's one of the two songs I had on my computer before I got it together to get the whole album. It's amazingly pretty.

He also released an EP "Blood Bank" last winter with four songs on it, two of which I like (the other two I just haven't listened to enough - but no doubt their really good as well)
Here are the two I'm into -

Blood Bank

Woods

Lastly,
Because this is a music blog, I thought I would provide something for my fellow music/science kids out there, SO -
This is REALLY cool. Play along! It's fun.

P.S. He's the guy who sings Don't Worry Be Happy! Honestly? Who doesn't love that song?
If you've got some time on your hands, check out some other Bobby McFerrin videos - like this one - he's so good!

All for now,

These words are my own (from my heart flown),
Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment